We believe life is better with theater in it. Theater brings us together, challenges our perspectives, & ultimately develops us into more complete humans. No matter who you are or where youre from.
Thats why were on a mission to make theater as accessible as possible & find a seat for everyone.
Launched in 2013, our international theater ticketing platform connects global audiences in 15 cities to the $50 billion live entertainment business. We work with thousands of venues to provide the best-priced tickets available in the biggest cities around the world, including New York City, Londons West End, Toronto, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, Chicago, & Australia. Through effortless access to the best shows, insightful guidance to the world of theater, & thoughtful service at each moment along the way, we enable people to discover the best that their city has to offer.
Were seeking highly motivated team members to join us in disrupting an old supply chain model, creating greater access to theater, & expanding the theater-going audience.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented & included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team & bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
About the role
TodayTix is seeking a Director of Retention to play a key strategic role in our global business. Based in our NYC headquarters & reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, the Director of Retention will be responsible for overseeing the retention strategy & initiatives across 15 markets.
This role will serve as the cross-functional lead spearheading Retention projects across multiple business disciplines, partnering with Engineering, Product, Accounts, & Data on initiatives designed to drive CLV, increase repeat purchase patterns, & strengthen our understanding of the customer journey across all owned touchpoints. This role will also frequently liaise with the User Acquisition team on a feedback loop of understanding the value of various acquired cohorts, & optimizing spend & creative based on cohort data.
What youll do
- Partner with the Manager, Email/CRM on overseeing an ESP migration
- Partner with our Product team to test & deploy improvements to the user journey (e.g., personalized recommendations, maximizing value of transactional communications, etc.)
- Partner with our head of User Acquisition & our Business Insights team to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured & activated based on varying acquisition sources. Analyzing cohort performance by product, geography, channel, & other factors to understand LTV & help acquisition team optimize accordingly
- With Manager, Email/CRM, define marketing strategy for prospects & customers via email, push, SMS, loyalty/referral programs, & other owned channels
- Generate creative ideas to drive list growth & reduce churn
- Develop & test segmentation & personalization strategies to give our customers the most relevant experience possible across channels
- Prioritize retention efforts in the form of a roadmap, leading a team to execute on our deliverables
- Stay on the cutting edge of email, retention, & loyalty trends in order to pitch, test, & roll out new communication channels
- Drive LTV growth by leveraging our customer data to find new & more relevant ways to talk to our customers at the right time with the right message
What were looking for
- 7+ years of CRM / retention marketing experience, with 2+ years direct management experience
- Prior experience with email, push messaging, SMS, & loyalty/referral programs
- Strong experience building a marketing tech stack (Iterable is a plus)
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices & compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, CASL)
What we offer
TodayTix takes care of our team. Were proud to offer a generous suite of benefits & perks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Healthcare, vision, & dental plans, with generous contributions from the company
- Life & disability insurance
- Free membership & access to One Medical Group & Health Advocate
- Subsidized gym memberships at two New York-based chains
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Employee referral bonuses
- Each office has its own flavor of food fun, but all offer office snacks & weekly company lunches!
TodayTix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.