Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single persons daily commute to reducing humanitys collective environmental footprint weve got huge goals.
As a Mobility Consulting Associate Principal at Via, youll be on the cutting-edge of the mobility revolution, combining your exceptional analytical skills with Vias sophisticated transit planning & simulation technology. Youll collaborate closely with our city & transit agency partners to deliver forward-thinking on-demand transit, multimodal plans for new mobility, & deep-diving studies to design & optimize mobility services around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to complex transportation analysis to help communities study & design forward-looking, multimodal transportation & transit systems.
- Solve complex transportation problems by identifying where & how on-demand transit can improve a multimodal network - examples include providing a first/last mile service for a bus or rail line, optimizing coverage in areas with under-performing fixed-route service, or upgrading paratransit/dial-a-ride.
- Bring analytical rigor & planning expertise to Vias business development process by designing customized mobility services for potential partners (from major transit agencies to small cities) based on their geographies, land-use patterns, policy objectives, & budgets.
- Continuously optimize Vias partners service by providing detailed & action-oriented advice about quality of service, productivity, & fixed-route transit integration opportunities; you will help ensure the success of Vias global deployments.
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities & transit agencies. Work with the Via & Remix technology team to develop, test, & market the new products to our partners.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about transportation & improving access to mobility in urban, suburban, & rural communities around the world.
- Able to think critically & innovatively about mobility challenges, data issues, & new concepts in transportation technology.
- Excited by gathering & analyzing a broad range of economic, demographic, & other data.
- Exceptional communicator & presenter, with the ability to break down & communicate complex problems to non-subject matter experts.
- 2-5 years of experience - experience in planning, client services or consulting experience is a plus, but not required.
- Graduate level degree in business, law, public policy, transportation or urban planning, or similar fields is a plus, but not required.
- Business proficiency in multiple languages is a plus, but not required.
Compensation & Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by candidates experience, knowledge, skills, & abilities of the applicant, internal equity, & alignment with market data
- Pay Range: $85,000-$110,000
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace. If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.