About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As Manager, Inventory Innovation your core focus will be helping partners & internal stakeholders understand opportunities to continue to drive inventory performance & innovation. This is an opportunity for a highly organized, driven, enthusiastic person to understand new business models & how we drive outsized growth in them for us & our partners. You will play an important part in scaling inventory & coming up with new & creative ways to work to ensure the future potential of Rent the Runway, including our fulfillment network, retail strategy, partnerships, category innovation, & new markets. You will be a key partner to a small cross-functional team dedicated to rapidly innovating our sourcing model. In doing so, youll have the unique opportunity to help build a new business line for Rent the Runway from the ground up.
- Define, build & deploy reports & presentations that showcase & disseminate key data & insights to internal & external partners
- Work with internal analytics, product & engineering stakeholders to identify, develop & communicate compelling insights around customer behavior & inventory performance
- Contribute to ongoing customer research projects aimed at identifying areas of opportunity for RTRs data science & analytics teams
- Help build & improve tools & processes for the scaled account management at Rent the Runway
- Strategically analyze brand performance to develop recommendations
- Work with buyers & planners to identify new opportunities
- Prepare & deliver weekly & monthly management reports for internal & external use
- Bachelors degree plus 2-3 years of experience in analytics, finance, planning or buying
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel & PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of SQL & Tableau a plus
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- A strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the larger picture
- An innate sense of curiosity & desire to solve problems, make decisions & take action on both an individual & collaborative basis
- The proven ability to manage multifaceted projects & to meet objectives, while balancing & prioritizing multiple projects
- Strong communication skills across multiple mediums & able to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated interest in data & its ability to create value & shape business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data sources to understand & communicate high-level insights around business performance
- Proficient at building decks, writing reports & presenting findings to key stakeholders