Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing & fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized & skilled at communication & problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools & financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A & overall finance function. This position reports to the Director, FP&A.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Preparing & coordinating the annual budget & quarterly forecasts working with all functional areas across the business
- Assisting in the development, tracking & reporting of operational & financial metrics
- Working closely with leaders to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Preparing & tracking revenue forecasts
- Forecasting operating & capital expense investments
- Develop business cases & analyses to support company initiatives & financial decisions
- Own & drive improvements to the FP&A reporting & planning tools
What Well Expect From You:
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, & problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp & apply analytical concepts
- Experience in investment banking, venture-backed high-growth company or a fast-paced Fortune 500 environment.
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning & analysis & operational budget management, preferably in a business partner facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes & meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal & written skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy & precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized & resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, & excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology & genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelors degree required
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!