Were searching for an innovative VP of Marketing to join our agency. If youre right for this role, then youll definitely have a passion for developing brand & marketing strategy, setting & achieving targets aligned with broader business goals, establishing relationships with press & internal client teams, & leading the Marketing & Comms team. Youve got a crystal-clear view of the digital landscape, & youre eager to guide our overall marketing plan across brand, media, public relations, market research, issues management, crisis communication, awards, & marketing-related customer relationship & engagement activitiesall essential to building our agencys brand reputation & expanding awareness across the industry. Youre also a gifted leader, too, ready to directly oversee our small-but-mighty marketing & comms team while working very closely & collaboratively with our business development team.
Youre no stranger to marketing. Far from it. In fact, youve got extensive marketing experience, (in a digital agency setting, no less) & the ability to make decisions under pressure. A keen multitasker who thrives in a competitive environmentthats you. But you dont want to work just anywhere. Youre looking for a place where everyone has everyone elses back. A place where we sink or swim together. A place where we inspire one another to think bigger, push harder, & take the right risks. A team that lives by the values Honest, Inspired, Driven, Purposeful, Real, & Equal is the kind of team you want to work with.
So, if this all sounds good to youand if you consider yourself an entrepreneurial self-starter with an ability to handle strategic brand management, review budgets, set goals, & shape our image in the marketplacecome talk to us!
- Analyzing existing branding & marketing strategies & improving upon them.
- Reporting to the agency CEO & working closely to define overall strategic direction.
- Leading a capable marketing team & delegating tasks fairly.
- Preparing & reviewing monthly, quarterly, & yearly budgets, & allocating resources appropriately.
- Hands on execution of key marketing tasks e.g., events, awards, thought leadership, press (working closely with the team)
- Setting daily, weekly, monthly, & yearly targets, & implementing various incentives to ensure they are achieved.
- Conducting market research & implementing new strategies based on findings.
- Monitoring industry trends & briefing the team on new information.
- Closely monitoring competitors successes & failures & learning from them.
- Supervising marketing events & launches & using these spaces to network with industry professionals.
- Assisting with the recruitment, training, & onboarding of new staff.
- Building relationships with key industry organizations; assessing & actioning strategic partnerships.
- BSc in marketing, branding, business, PR, or a similar field.
- Masters degree may be preferable.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Superb marketing & research skills.
- Knowledge & practical experience with SEO, digital marketing tools, & related software.
- Highly observant & analytical.
- Strong leadership skills & the ability to make difficult decisions.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal abilities.
- Willingness to travel.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.