ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for an Editorial Campaign Writer. You'll be responsible for researching, brainstorming, writing, & fact-checking content for theSkimm's biggest annual editorial campaigns, from Women's History Month to the 2022 midterms. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team at the company & reports into the Senior Editor of Content Development.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work with the Senior Editor alongside the video, aduio, & social teams to develop a cohesive cross-platform package for each campaign
- Write content for various platforms, along with pitching, researching, & fact-checking
- Build content in our CMS & perform QA testing
- Sift through insights studies & market research to help craft editorial campaigns in theSkimm's unique voice & editorial approach
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 2-3+ years of writing experience
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to anticipate & respond quickly to change
- A general interest in politics, news, history, & pop culture... this role will cover all verticals & all topics covered on theSkimm's various platforms
- Experience crafting promotional packaging for content (think: email plugs, social posts, etc.)
- Ability to self-motivate & be a a team player across multiple departments
- Ability to write in theSkimm's voice
- Passion for theSkimm & its mission
- Bachelor's degree
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Experience with built-if-sold or revenue-driving campaigns
- Experience evaluating and/or reporting content performance
- Experience working closely with a brand marketing team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
Please attach your resume & a cover letter. We're looking for voice, wit, & humor, so to the extent that you can, please write your cover letter in the style of a Daily Skimm newsletter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.