About the Team
The Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of development from ideation through production. The team leads the companys largest product initiatives through the creation, development, & testing of innovative, high-quality goods that will be sold to & experienced by customers & retailers all over the world.
About the Role
R&D is looking for a Program Manager to join our team to help create & deliver innovative & performance driven grooming products. As a R&D program manager youll lead cross-functional workstreams & teams at all levels through thoughtful planning, execution, & support from concept through launch.
We seek a strong team player who is energized by working in a fast-paced environment & has a demonstrated ability to lead multiple work streams often with competing priorities. R&D program managers should have a desire & aptitude to dive deep into the details of the development process & drive teams to bring amazing products to life. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York with domestic & international travel to be expected (up to 25%).
The R&D Program Manager is a key cross-functional partner with Advanced Manufacturing, Product Design, Quality, Product Research (consumer insights), Operations & Marketing. As a team, interaction at Harrys center around four values:
- We encourage questions, sharing expertise & constant learning to improve ourselves, our company, our industry & our customers experiences.
- We always expect direct, honest, & supportive communication. We tell it like it is without blame & see every interaction as an opportunity to grow together.
- Each of us is a humble, hardworking human who always gives more than whats expected because we care so deeply. We work, have fun, endure lows, & celebrate highs as a team.
- We critically question conventional wisdom in search of the best path. Harrys was founded as a better alternative. We pursue the charted & uncharted & take smart risks. Were always game for a challenge. Plus, making something better is exciting!
What you will Accomplish:
- New Technology Exploration:
- Drive R&D Programs- supports cross-functional initiatives to define next generation technologies for our core IP across hard product categories
- Work directly with technical manufacturing teams to scale automation & advanced technologies.
- Support implementation of new quality systems & processes to aid high-volume manufacturing, capacity expansion work & productivity improvements.
- Provide project leadership & communicate, in partnership with cross-functional teams, updates across technical teams & to senior management
- Lead New Product Launches:
- Lead cross-functional project teams (including R&D, supply chain, operations, production, quality, finance, business development, sales & marketing) from concept to launch & ensure on time delivery of high-quality products at scale
- Work with suppliers to design, prototype, & develop innovative new products - travel to manufacturing locations as needed
- Track deliverables, manage development timelines & risk mitigation & facilitate the day-to-day operational aspects of a program
- Develop Product Expertise: Dive deep into the category & develop thorough technical knowledge on shaving
- Travel up to 25% (once its safe to do so)
This should describe you:
- Technical Experience: A Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering (or comparable technical disciplines) with direct engineering and/or manufacturing experience & 2-5 years in a highly technical role. Experience with molding, plastics, and/or high-volume CPG manufacturing a plus.
- Proactive self-starter: Ability to exercise good judgment & discretion & operate with limited oversight.
- Strong communicator: Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers & vendors. Know-how & confidence presenting to senior leadership in an effective manner. Able to communicate to both highly technical teams & teams without a technical background.
- Extremely organized: Detail & process oriented with an ability to relentlessly follow up.
- Resilient: A no task too small mentality with an eagerness to learn & tackle any issue that may arise. Ability to pivot with the shifting needs of the business.
- Creative: Ability to be a thought partner for development teams on new products or processes.
- Flexible: Willing & able to travel as needed - domestic & international.
- Humble: A great attitude & sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Technical Program Management Lead
- Will work cross functionally with Engineering Implementation, Automation Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality, Product Research, Manufacturing, Operations & Supply Chain, Legal, & Third Party Suppliers.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.