Data Science Lead @ TheFork
TheFork, part of the TripAdvisor group, is a pure player company & the European leader of online booking for restaurants. We are an innovative & fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people dine out! TheForks goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking in the world.
Why join us?
You are passionate about data & comfortable in an international & agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers & B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use & is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth? You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
You will join a dynamic & agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career & values sharing.
What you will do
You will report to the Chief Data Officer & be part of a transverse Data Team of ~20 people, regrouping all the required capabilities to end-to-end address data initiatives (data engineering, data analysis expertise, web-analytics expertise, BI expersise & data science expertise). This organization serves all the Business Units (Marketing, Sales, Customer Support,) either Central & Local (22 countries). The team has been created Mid-2019 & is in its ramp-up phase.
As a Lead DataScientist you will help TheFork develop usage of data science & machine learning to accelerate Business growth.
You will lead the Fork Data Science roadmap:
- identify & assess with Business teams the opportunities of data science use cases,
- contribute to their roadmapping & monitor their execution
You will progressively grow-up TheFork data science team (specify the needs, run the hiring process, onboard the new team members) & support its development by coaching them on their respective assignments.
You will work closely with data engineers to setup the relevant framework for the industrialization of Data Science use cases
You will play as a key point of contact in the company on data Science topics & you will spread your knowledge & expertise across the organization. Our mid-term target is not to have a single data science team but to complete it with a network of resources embedded in business teams. You will play a key role in creating & animating this community.
You will represent the data organization & advocate its data science efforts using external presentations & publications.
Who you are
- You have a strong knowledge on developing Data Science Models, especially in the fields Customer behavior detection (churn, Life time value,), Recommender systems, NLP, Trend detection
- Highly preferred You have a prior experience leading a small team as well as having prior experience in a high growth platform company
- You have a good knowledge of data science industrialization frameworks, either open source or licensed solutions (ML Flow, TensorFlow, SageMaker, Dataiku,) & are able to drive discussions to assess the most relevant one for TheFork.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies & have already experience the delivery of data science use cases through such methodologies
- You are Fluent in French & in English. This includes written, speaking & reading
- You have successful experiences that demonstrate your leadership skills (capacity to embark people & to drive initiatives to success)
- You are a good communicator, self-starter & collaborative enthusiast
- A consulting background will be appreciated
What do we offer?
Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence & with a winning company culture - balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment