NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, coupled via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
We're looking for creative individuals who enjoy a healthy mix of hacking & helping. You're the type of person who secretly likes the fact that you run tech support for your entire family. You have experience running Linux-heavy distributed applications at scale, but you never forget the fact that a product is nothing without a legion of happy users.
Thankfully, NS1 already has an awesome product servicing some of the most innovative customers on the planet (see above). Now we need you to help us keep moving it forward. The majority of your day-to-day will be comprised of the front-line systems support type work that should be very familiar to you. When you're not actively engaging with customers, you'll have time to step back & develop tools & processes that will keep the Customer Success team operating efficiently. Overall if you enjoy triaging tickets with engineers, communicating complex solutions, assisting CSMs in customer migrations, & inspiring your colleagues through your resourcefulness this is the job for you!
Excelling in this position requires having broad knowledge of the many technologies that comprise modern Web Scale applications & being able to offer constructive advice for customer implementations as well as internal improvements. You'll take responsibility for front-line support, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Triage & troubleshoot Support tickets for both DNS & DDI products.
- Participate in 24/7 weekend support on a rotating basis.
- Engage in video calls with customers for migrations, training & troubleshooting.
- Refine the support process & documenting learnings in the internal knowledge base
- Provide technical guidance, tips, tricks, training, & advice to the CSE team as a subject matter expert for our product suite.
- Serve as a consultative resource for customers as they integrate NS1s software with their infrastructure
- Leverage insights gathered from working with customers to provide feedback into the product development process
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering & Operations teams on customer facing issues & feature requests.
- Advanced understanding of DNS
- Excellent Linux/Unix, network, & firewall knowledge
- Experience with Docker administration & orchestration methodologies
- Basic knowledge of DHCP & IPAM
- Familiarity with shell scripting, JSON, APIs
- Familiarity & high level of comfort with managing distributed systems
- Prior exposure to containerized architecture & common virtualization platforms (eg. VMWare)
- Experience in customer facing/troubleshooting roles
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
Nice to have
- One or more commercial DDI solutions
- Layer 4-7 load balancing
- Ansible or other config management software
- Tools in the modern DevOps toolkit
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform thats deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API & Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, node
- OpenTSDB, ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.