About the Team
The Stitch Fix Product Imaging team is responsible for creating images that show our products at their highest visual potential. Our team seeks to innovate at every turn, streamlining our physical & digital workflows & utilizing the latest technology in e-commerce imaging. We do not rest on our past successes, but always strive to improve ourselves, our processes & the client experience.
About the Role
As the Lead Product Imaging Photographer, you will ensure the highest quality Product Imaging assets to be used in our multiple cross-platform formats, from website detail pages to external marketing efforts. You will work directly with & report to the Director of Creative Operations & Product Imaging Producer to recruit & train photographers for all Product Imaging initiatives. You will use your hyper-critical eye for lighting & detail with the intent to continually make improvements to product photography. A Lead Photographer will innovate, thinking beyond the usual image creation process & strive for new, innovative ways to produce outstanding imagery for client-facing platforms. This role will leverage vast knowledge of the intricacies of high volume photographic production, be able to meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects & be flexible to the ever-changing environment of a fast-growing company.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Serve as Lead Product Imaging Photographer, executing high-quality digital photography across all On-Figure, Pin-up & Lay-Down product categories.
- Research & develop techniques & best practices for innovative, cutting-edge new imaging systems & disseminate those practices across the team and/or company.
- Provide supervision as well as mentoring, training, development & performance management of the Product Imaging team.
- Create a robust training & process documentation for photography technical & style guides.
- Partner with Production & Studio Manager to recruit & maintain a pool of exceptional freelance fashion photographers.
- Evaluate photography metrics weekly, make recommendations to improve performance and/or efficiencies, engage the team in productivity monitoring & improvement
- Guide the constant improvement of product photography quality & maintain the visual style & presentation of photography.
- Demonstrate expert lighting techniques with the intent to highlight the characteristics of various merchandise categories.
- Work with the Imaging Studio Producer & photo team to establish & maintain an efficient workflow between merchandise staging area & photography sets.
- Create & maintain in an environment that fosters continuous growth & development.
Were excited about you because
- You have 5+ years commercial photography experience in a high-volume production studio, with at least 2+ years in a studio leadership role.
- You have a professional photography portfolio that show you are a subject matter expert - skilled in digital photography, including lighting, composition, color quality, & aesthetics across an array of client environments.
- You are curious & excited about developing new ways of creating high quality images at high volume while navigating business complexities & technical challenges
- You are proficient with the current industry-standard software tools (Adobe Photoshop CS, Adobe Creative Cloud, & Capture One Pro 8 & above) & proficiency with basic scripting, color theory, Microsoft Office, & Mac OS.
- You have demonstrated mastery of all stages of the photography process & tools including in Digital Photography, camera, strobe & constant lighting systems & traditional grip equipment.
- You have a proven track-record in project management in a photo studio environment, a quick problem solver with a proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- You must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright & kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.