VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions & engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country to build & contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization & are thrilled about the work that we do every day. Were transparent, collaborative, & relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility & a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation & the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will work across our entire company to develop teams, build culture, & drive larger organizational goals. We are seeking someone who is a technical expert & people manager. The Software Engineering Manager will focus on developing talent & building systems that scale from both an operational & an organizational perspective.
What are examples of work that the Software Engineering Manager will do at VillageMD?
- Drive hiring, onboarding & retain talented Team Leads, Tech Leads & Software Engineers
- Coach engineers through the product delivery process
- Facilitate regular 1:1s & career growth conversations with your direct reports, that includes: goal setting, feedback, code reviews, coaching, & mentoring
- Keep a constant pulse across the engineering department to ensure team satisfaction & health, continuous growth & learning, & overall alignment
- Develop systems, strategies, high standards & collaborate closely with other stakeholders to deliver business value
- Build & enforce engineering best practices including design documentation & routine standups
- Manage teams at a high level & prioritize tasks
What will make you successful here?
- Being able to develop systems to do or support machine learning
- Exposure to healthcare data and/or other high-security environments
- Managing in remote, multi-time-zone environments
- Working with large-scale data labelling & acquisition
- Having a low ego
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of development experience in a company/production setting
- Prior hands-on software engineering experience & a solid understanding of backend systems, infrastructure, databases & large-scale data processing frameworks
- A track record of meeting objectives using metrics & providing business value
- Ability to evaluate languages & tools to effectively solve problems
- Confidence working through ambiguity & building process around it
- Experience evolving nascent systems & processes from functional to scalable
- Exceptional collaboration & communication skills across distributed teams
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.