UI/UX Designer at Def Method
New York, NY
About Def Method
We are generalist software engineers, product managers, & consultants committed to building the best software company we can by delivering excellent results for our customers. We apply user-centered design & lean & agile software development principles to help our customers create valuable products, & are always refining our craft.
Value prop of this role
Were looking for our first UI/UX Designer to join the team.
Def Method builds a range of products for our clients, varying from greenfield applications for startups to well-established products across various industries.
An estimate of how youll spend your time
- Practice - 50%
- Problem solve, think big, & explore concepts & ideas in order to design valuable, cohesive & delightful user experiences
- Collaborate with team members from Product & Engineering Teams & synthesize engineering systems as they affect the overall user experience
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders & users.
- Influence the product with research & data
- Create UX designs & prototypes & UI mock-ups, including wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups, user journeys
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities to push the product forward.
- Tactical - 40%
- Facilitate product discovery & development on client projects, act as design advisor to our customers & consultants, & provide additional project support as needed
- Operations - 10%
- Represent design in sales conversations & scoping work
What youll bring:
- Strong, clear communication & presentation skills. You will be expected to present design strategies to your team, clients & the executive team.
- Passion for building intuitive, positive experiences for users
- Expert knowledge of Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, or other tools used for visual & interaction designs
- Familiarity with complete UX/UI research & development process from wireframing to developing a shippable product
- Experience writing user interview scripts & conducting user interviews
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Experience translating your designs in HTML & CSS is a big plus.
- Your professional desire for continuous learning, a breadth of experiences, & a hunger to learn & discover new ideas, products, & processes.
- Your bias for user-centered, collaborative, lightweight process & tight feedback loops
- 4+ years of relevant UI/UX design work & experience
- Your ability to give honest, unflinching, & respectful analysis to our customers, employees, & the leadership team
Why we love working here
- We are committed to growing together by building excellent software for customers & expanding the range of experiences & perspectives that shape our work
- Investment in learning: one month of professional development time for courses/conference/study per year, with a generous budget
- Great pay & benefits comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation time & minimal travel (if at all)
- Flexible work from home policy in normal times; we are currently remote through the end of 2020