Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking to grow our rapidly expanding sales engineering team. As a Sales Engineer, you will help qualify & close opportunities with customers & partners & provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, & supporting technical evaluations. This position should be based in the Central timezone.
- Work alongside the sales team to introduce CockroachDB to our potential customers. As a trusted advisor, you will help educate prospects on the unique capabilities of CockroachDB & design solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges.
- Lead product & solution briefings, build proof-of-concepts (POC), run live product demos, & prototype CockroachDB integrations.
- Partner with Cockroach Labs product management, engineering & support teams to solve customer challenges & improve CockroachDB.
- Identify & address customers' key technical objections & develop the engineering strategies strategy to resolve those blockers to adoption.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in CockroachDB & our sales motion. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our company, technology & message.
During this time you will be an active listener on customer calls & build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs. As you gain confidence in the message & technology, you will be called upon to lead meetings with support from the team.
After 3 months, you should be ready to lead customer meetings without support & conduct POCs. You should be working closely with Account Managers in your territory to build regional go to market strategies & account plans for key prospects.
- 10-12 plus years of prior experience collecting requirements, developing solution architectures, leading presentations & teaching prospective users or project teams how to use software similar to CockroachDB.
- Developed software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems in the past & want to stay close to the code.
- A passion for working on complex technical problems & have a strong understanding of modern infrastructure & database technologies.
- A strong ability to build relationships with our partners, customers, & open-source users.
- A collaborative spirit & enjoy making sure that each team gets customer feedback to keep improving CockroachDB.
- The flexibility to travel to meet customers, attend events or conferences or wherever the work takes you.
Reporting to Chris Casano, Director Sales Engineering, East
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.