Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. Our clients include everyone from many of the Fortune 500 companies, to government agencies, to small- & medium-sized businesses. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help tell General Assemblys story to prospective & current clients. Youll work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product, & operations teams to develop the positioning, messaging & overall communication strategies for GAs products & services. The ideal candidate is someone with the ability to clearly articulate the value & benefits of complex issues in easily understood, compelling language as well as to conceive of & develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. This is a fast-paced role so the ideal candidate should be able to balance crafting a crisp message while moving quickly to achieve results.
- Develop positioning & messaging for new & existing products by understanding competitive drivers, researching market trends, & aggregating the needs of GAs clients.
- Define go-to-market messaging to differentiate our products & services. manage product launches, maintain buyer personas, gather customer insights, & deliver ongoing product education to our prospects, customers & our internal team.
- Communicate the value proposition of the GA product suite to the sales & marketing teams, ensuring sales has the necessary information & collateral to drive growth by developing sales tools & content including product briefs, FAQs, sales presentations, & data sheets & that messaging is consistent across all channels.
- Develop relationships with customers in order to document customer success stories, evangelize new products & receive direct feedback on positioning, features & perceived value.
- Conduct competitive & market research to optimize our product fit & competitiveness in the market.
- Tell our story through the development of creative assets & marketing collateral including white papers, case studies, videos, blogs, & webinars in partnership with various content production teams.
- 3+ years in marketing, preferably in technology or education
- A great teammate, someone who can collaborate, ingest good ideas from wherever they originate & quickly build trust & mutual respect
- Skilled listener & communicator, both verbally & written, who can engage clients & colleagues with confidence
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment & problem solving skills; track record of product success
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically as well as roll up your sleeves to manage execution
- Experience working in a dynamic, quickly-changing startup environment
- Strong project management skills; data-driven & detail-oriented
- Passion for GAs mission/vision, ability to serve as a vocal brand evangelist
- Customer Focus
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
- Organizational Agility
- Drive for Results