Away is a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Treasury Director to build the Treasury function & ensure our cash management & investment strategy supports our fast-growing company. You will work cross-functionally with Finance, Accounting, Legal, Tax & IT to scale the Treasury infrastructure while still responding timely & diligently to daily needs.
You will be responsible for the companys banking relationships & global cash positions, ensuring we are controlling our cash & making it work harder to fuel capital & operating expenditures. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has owned or operated within the Treasury function of a high-growth multinational company with significant global cash positions. You should be able to see the big picture & drive top-level strategy, while also being happy to roll up your sleeves & get in the weeds of the daily treasury processes. You will eventually report directly to the CFO; in the interim you will partner with the Controller & the Senior Finance Director. The position is based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What Youll Do
- Act as the strategic & tactical owner of the companys capital structure, investment policies & activities, & debt management to ensure the most efficient use of the companys cash positions or borrowed funds
- Analyze & recommend financing & investment structures, & be able to explain their impact on financial ratios & taxes
- Manage the cash flow & cash burn reporting, including providing timely, comprehensive cash burn analysis to senior leadership & maintaining the cash flow statement at month end
- Oversee the existing debt relationship with the bank, including conducting borrowing activities, monitoring compliance with debt covenants, coordinating the monthly compliance certificate submission, & minimizing costs
- Assess the products, services, technologies & systems that are available & appropriate for treasury departments, & implement new processes or tools as necessary
- Drive the evolution & maintenance of our global bank account structure, including administering the banking applications & online portals for all global bank accounts
- Own the controls to safeguard our cash & to prevent & detect misappropriation of assets
- Oversee daily cash management & treasury functions, including monitoring balances, performing cash reconciliations, & executing balance transfers
- Be the finance business owner of our global payment processors, ensuring the most cost effective rates & settlement structure & maintaining links with our bank accounts
- Develop & execute the strategy over fx management & hedging
- Develop a treasury budget including cash forecasts & interest income forecast, & work closely with FP&A to assist with modeling financial statements
- Coordinate the monthly settlement of intercompany balances, including executing all wire transfers
Who You Are
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in finance or accounting
- 8-10 years of progressive treasury or finance experience including at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to the job description
- Proven history in effectively managing cash flows & investing funds for a return
- Deep understanding of internal control within treasury & investment processes
- A self-starter who can take ownership of initiatives, with the ability to prioritize & organize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written, & presentation skills with the ability to translate technical details clearly & effectively to internal & external audiences at all levels
- Ability & desire to develop & implement innovative solutions to complex business & technical issues
- Strong technology skills including advanced excel
- Certified Cash Manager or Certified Treasury Professional are a plus
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!