Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking to hire a Product Operations Associate to join the team responsible for building the systems that deliver personalized code support & empower our users through the difficult journey of learning to code. Our Product Operations team is responsible for not only building but executing support strategies for new products or features that improve the experience for our millions of learners worldwide. We partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Curriculum, & People Ops to ensure new products successfully launch & grow, while meeting compliance standards & service level agreements with our learners.
Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, & working together to make learning to code easier, accessible, & more enjoyable. Product Operations helps determine strategy, process & tooling infrastructure requirements to effectively meet the needs of the business, as well as influences product development as the voice closest to the needs of our learners.
Whether we're supporting the launch of new products or helping users achieve their learning goals, the people at Codecademy are scrappy builders at heart. Together, we can redesign education & deliver the best online coding experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with our users & instructional support staff to improve the learning experience
- Own execution of project & program management life cycles, ensuring production deadlines are met while monitoring, tracking & analyzing operational health metrics
- Evaluate workflows, establish/improve processes, & contribute to the development of optimization strategies
- Maintain existing systems & implement support protocols
- Identify gaps in the user learning experience through feedback collection, analysis, & reporting
- Execute sourcing & hiring plans for various instructional support offerings
- Work collaboratively with our other designers, engineers, & product managers on multiple interrelated projects
You will be successful if you:
- Are comfortable with ambiguity & working in an exciting environment
- Balance critical thinking with creative problem-solving
- Are efficient & scrappy, able to tackle problems using minimal resources
- Are proactive & willing to take action, taking the can do, if approach
- Seek first to understand, then be understood
- Enjoy working with Gantt charts & tight timelines
- Can demonstrate perseverance in stressful situations
- Make informed decisions, balancing quantitative & qualitative reasoning
- Believe coding gives people opportunity
- Has excellent written & oral presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Strong analytical & project management skills
- Self-motivated, can work independently & take direction
- Proven success in strategic & systems thinking
- Experience in customer service or support related field is preferred
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.