Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about being high performing team players & who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Financial Reporting Manager requires an experienced CPA capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing & fluid organization. This position will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of our internal & external financial statements, as well as the review & documentation of technical accounting matters. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized & high aptitude for problem solving, as well as possess excellent written & oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will champion the advancement of processes & controls in financial reporting & general accounting that will enhance the accounting & overall finance function. This position reports to the Director, Financial Reporting.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Manage the preparation & distribution of internal financial statements & reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability & accuracy
- Create & maintain monthly close & reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
- Perform and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare & analyze account variance review on a monthly & quarterly basis within defined thresholds for all P&L & balance sheet accounts
- Manage the preparation of annual financial statements & footnotes in accordance with US GAAP, ensuring all required disclosures are satisfied. Maintain detailed support for all footnote disclosures
- Monitor & ensure timely identification & compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation & prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical & comprehensive manner
- Communicate & explain accounting issues & evolving accounting guidance to the management team
- Ensure auditor agreement with company decisions as related to financial statement disclosures & any accounting issues
- Manage communications with & coordination of the external auditors & ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews & annual audit
- Coordinate, develop & implement & maintain written policies & procedures related to financial reporting process to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process & process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Support month end & year end accounting close process & ensure accounting team adherence to all deadlines
- Participate in other projects as required
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with experience preferably with public/private mix
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP & SEC rules & regulations is required combined with the ability to research & propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting & issue recognition experience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & manage well through ambiguity & complexity
- Ability to execute & follow-through to completion & documentation
- High attention to detail & strong organization skills
- Ability to function independently & effectively in a self-directed environment
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!