BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Producer (project-based) with a deep knowledge of video production, social media, & the internet to create compelling videos for our YouTube channels. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand for BuzzFeed, delivering on our measures of success, & collaborate with appropriate parties to keep video execution within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, & professional in high-pressure situations.
This is a 6-week full-time contract position based in our New York office, available to start immediately.
- Drive all aspects of production, including shooting, directing, & editing
- Produce an average of 1 video per week for BuzzFeeds flagship YouTube channels
- Use data insights to create content ideas that align with BuzzFeeds best practices
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time & within budget while maintaining BuzzFeeds high creative standards
- Work closely with the Supervising & Executive Producers to expand BuzzFeeds product offerings
- 3 or more years of video production experience
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRs
- Expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience producing shoots in studio & on location, including different lighting & equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Experience managing big-budget as well as low-touch videos that have many moving parts
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas & creative vision in a compelling way
- The ability to prioritize & delegate tasks accordingly
- A collaborative & patient mindset
- A firm understanding of production budgets & product margins
- A deep understanding of virality & shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
- Thorough knowledge of BuzzFeed as a brand & ability to speak to its voice & best practices.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.