Quartz is a global business news brand launched in September 2012 for a new generation of business leaders, people who are excited by change. It serves as a digital guide to the new global economy. Designed for an efficient, mobile reading experience, Quartz serves business professionals who travel the world, are focused on international markets, & value critical thinking. Quartz & it's variety of products can be accessed simply at qz.com or in your favorite app store
We are seeking a bright, focused, detail-oriented individual to support the Co-Chief Executive Officer Jay Lauf, overseeing all business operations. This hire will have the unique opportunity to serve as the front line of communications for the Co-Chief Executive Officer at an exciting time of change & growth for Quartz.
- Provide dedicated executive support in a professional, confidential, & organized manner
- Assist in coordinating schedules & meetings & spearhead travel arrangements (both domestic & international)
- Serve as a representative for the Co-Chief Executive Officer internally & externally
- Managing email
- Compiling decks for external speaking engagements
- Perform assorted administrative tasks such as expense reconciliation, invoice processing, & miscellaneous errands as needed
- Prepare & proof documents & correspondence
- Work closely with the advertising & marketing departments to meet monthly, quarterly & annual financial goals Daily interaction across all levels & roles at Quartz, particularly among the business-side team
- Potential to work with the Ad Operations team on trafficking advertising for Quartz sites, apps & emails.
- Opportunity for substantive & long-term project development
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Confidentiality with sensitive material & communication
- Fluent in all aspects of G-Suite (sheets, docs, slides, drive) Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel & PowerPoint
- Very strong organizational, issue resolution & decision-making skills required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously & appropriately prioritize
- Attention to detail is essential
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills & superior customer-service oriented skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelors degree
Quartz, found online at qz.com, is a business news venture owned by Uzabase.
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas to the good & not have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, & giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity a natural disposition in each colleague toward service & selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth critical on the merits but informed by charity & forbearance in measuring motive & personal character.
Quartz is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
Quartz Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.