Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer- Frontend to join our small, distributed engineering team & work on the Bio Sites.
Bio Sites is Squarespace's link in bio product enabling creators, entrepreneurs, & businesses to share their entire worlds in one link. As more brands begin on social media, a Bio Site is a lightweight way for customers to connect their followers to everything they do, grow their brand, & monetize their work. You will be involved in the end-to-end development & contribute to long-term vision of Bio Sites.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Develop new features into the Bio Site interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers & designers to provide customer-focused experiences
- Develop & maintain the current app, implemented as an SPA using React.
- Keep our product updated with the latest frontend technologies such as React & ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing maintainable & readable code)
- You will help to contribute to team & company standards.
Who We're Looking For
- Experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, & CSS3
- Experience implementing CSS & JS animations
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features & collaborate with designers to create fulfilling user experiences
- A sincere commitment to creating readable & quality code
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch & snacks
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.