At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The IT Specialist supports the needs at our New York office & across geographies with our remote employees. You will provide technical support to all of Team TpT, using our systems, strategies, & tools, making sure that all IT needs are quickly met & enabling TpTers to further their work across the organization.
- Perform basic & moderately complex troubleshooting & repair activities, typically associated in an end user environment, including but not limited to laptops, tablets & printers.
- Support daily operations by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, & setting deadlines
- Set up workstations/laptops with necessary accounts & peripheral devices (keyboards, monitors, printers, etc.)
- Analyze & assess support requests & provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, & acquisition of TpT-issued hardware products
- Utilize ticketing system for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely & appropriate manner.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems & suggest improvements
- Patience & ability to train users in both new & existing IT systems
- Willingness to work occasional off-hours during on-call, deployments, and/or outages
- Contact & effectively communicate with users via electronic communications, or in person
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in IT operations
- Working knowledge of computer systems, security, network & systems administration, databases & data storage systems, A/V, & phone systems
- Strong critical thinking & decision-making skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear & concise manner to a variety of audiences
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Believes in our mission to connect & empower teachers
- Proven ability to manage complex tasks
- Appreciates feedback & value honest, thoughtful critique
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Versatile, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator, analytical & able to multi-task
- Open-minded, collaborative, consensus-building balanced with getting things done
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.