The People Operations Specialist is a member of the People Team at sweetgreen, & is responsible for many Human Resources processes including tasks related to the benefits, onboarding, I-9 compliance, HR systems administration & internal company reporting. In support of a high-growth organization, the People team is simultaneously focused on developing & improving these processes as well as ensuring the efficient functioning day-to-day.
The People Operations Specialist will provide support to the team in multiple areas. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous multi-tasking & project management skills, with a passion for supporting people & being a vital resource to the team. We want a people-person whos able to foster connections internally & externally, a leader who understands, lives, & breathes our culture.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Assists employees & management with HR questions, concerns, or requests.
- Serves as systems administrator for HRIS, Time & Attendance & HR service ticketing systems
- Supports our restaurant leadership guidance on appropriate HR practices & process
- Serve as liaison between workers compensation vendor & sweetgreen to support the claims process
- Responds thoughtfully & thoroughly to inquiries to minimize unnecessary follow-up & clarifications.
- Runs regular reports to support needs of multiple departments & initiatives including internal audits for governance & compliance.
- Support with I-9 compliance by fielding I-9 related inquiries
- Facilitates annual benefits open enrollment as well as ongoing benefit enrollment
- Fosters ongoing relationships with various members of the People & Field teams to collaborate on HR related assignments as needed
- Supports onboarding process for newly hired employees
- Performs administrative duties as needed
Desired Traits + Skills
- 1+ years of human resources experience
- Familiar with federal & state regulations to include but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, & ADA
- Clear understanding of federal administrations such as EEOC, DOL, & USCIS
- Completes projects & special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, & making adjustments to plans.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, & follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Customer service mindset
- Ability to work under pressure & handle a wide variety of activities & confidential matters with discretion.
- Exceptional Excel skills including the ability to build complex formulas & create pivot tables.
- This individual will be based in the East Coast, which will consists of remote & assigned work space
- Travel may be as needed (approximately 20%)
- Training for this role will take place at our Culver City, California corporate support office for 2 -3 weeks
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, were committed to leaving people better than we found them. Were in the business of feeding people, & were out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them & by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife & celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values & have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally & professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join thesweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, pleaseclick here.