B2B Marketing Lead Walmart.com
Business purchasing online represents an almost inconceivable $1 Trillion opportunity. This spend is spread across a wide variety of industries, company sizes, geographies, demographics & psychographics. Walmart is launching a new online platform within Walmart.com to serve the B2B eCommerce market.
As the largest retailer in the world, Walmart already has a presence in the B2B market, but has never before launched such a massive effort to to speak to those customers directly or built product features specifically to serve their needs. B2B customers shop differently than B2C consumers, so we need to design tools & solutions that help them fulfill on Walmarts core value prop as it applies to business:Save Money. Work Better.
The B2B team sits within the retail organization & functions like a start-up within the Walmart US E-Commerce.
Our task is to identify our existing customer, define our target customers, & then build the products & services they need. Our end goal is to capture Walmart sized marketshare of this large & growing space by helping our customers streamline their purchasing & leverage Walmarts scale to save money. Our focus is on winning by providing more true value to small business customers than any other retailer.
About the Role:
The B2B Marketing Lead will serve as a CMO within the B2B core team. You will help to uncover & refine our current customer profile & shape our target customer persona(s).
You will have ownership of a significant media spend across all channels, as well as owning all internal marketing including email & onsite placement. You will work with our site merchandising team to optimize conversion rates & help to provide vital feedback on UX & design. You will be a part of the core business team, working cross functionally with marketers across Walmart to leverage resources we need to be successful.
You will work with Retail Analytics to understand customer behavior & respond accordingly with constant iterations on the customer profile & tactics for customer acquisition & retention.
You will also work with the engineering team to help shape the product build to meet the needs of our target customers in the near & long term.
List of Responsibilities:
- Develop a marketing strategy & media plan to support B2B customer acquisition, engagement, & retention targets
- Own the marketing budget, determining how to allocate funds across channels & campaigns to optimize spend & meet program goals
- Manage all digital channels including Email, Organic & Paid Search, Direct, Paid Social, Display, & Affiliate to deliver on ROAS, CAC, customer acquisition targets
- Launch initial campaigns in non-digital channels including print, TV, audio, direct mail, OOH. Analyze results to assess how & where these activities fit into the overall marketing strategy
- Report on program results & key marketing metrics (e.g., GMV, AOV, AUR, ROAS, Frequency, etc.)
- Analyze & respond to the competitive environment & B2B industry trends
- Define & create customer segmentation strategy & business user personas understand how Walmart should speak to these customers & differtiate their experience from B2C
- Parter with channel teams & site merchants to maximize conversion rate for all marketing channels
- Work cross functionally with category marketers, seasonal marketing team, channel marketing, creative production, retail analytics, product management, finance
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, with a focus on B2B campaign design
- Minimum 3 years in eCommerce
- Performance marketer with expertise in all digital channels including SEM, SEO, paid social, email marketing, display advertising
- Experience in non-digital channels including print, TV, audio, direct mail, OOH
- Proven ability to work with data to understand & analyze performance using various attribution models, optimize budget, drive decisions, & measure impact to the business.
- Start-up mentality paired with experience navigating large corporate institutions
- Creative & collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, & work under pressure
- Exceptional leadership skills & management experience clear track record in building, mentoring & leading successful teams