Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As the Strategy Manager for Accelerate/Project By Slice, you will build the future product that is Project by Slice, one of our critical growth initiatives. You will partner with leadership to develop the product roadmap & create a full suite of franchise-like offerings for independent pizzerias by leveraging existing resources at Slice, building new internal processes & capabilities, & partnering with external vendors. Youll also lead Slices efforts to launch new brick-and-mortar, ghost, & virtual locations for select Accelerate partners. You will report to the Director of Strategy & Operations for Slice Accelerate.
What Youll Do:
- Bring your own vision & work with the team to create a roadmap of franchise-like offerings to help independent pizzerias grow quickly & efficiently
- Spearhead significant Transformation investments in Accelerate/Project By Slice partners through new brick-and-mortar, ghost, & virtual restaurant openings
- Drive the roadmap process by working closely with cross-functional teams to build, launch, measure, & iterate your products
- Through both your own data analysis & working with Slices Analytics team, develop & test hypotheses to optimize the customer experience, shop efficiency, & drive revenue
- Work alongside our business development team on the discovery, execution, & ongoing management of partnerships needed to create the Accelerate product
- Attract new partners to the Transformation program & perform due diligence to validate fit
- Source & manage new vendors to execute on new restaurant openings
- Find, diligence, & secure new leases & locations for Transformation partners
- Maintain & update the necessary legal documents for Slice to invest in & operate locations alongside our Transformation partners
- Build & maintain financial models for new restaurant openings to build the business case for new investments & measure the ongoing progress & success of existing investments
- Work closely with the Transformation Project Manager to execute new restaurant openings on time & on budget
What were looking for:
- 8+ years of work experience ideally including e-commerce start-ups & restaurants
- Experience launching multiple new restaurants
- Real Estate & Business Development experience a plus
- Some finance and/or legal experience a plus
- Product management & Business Development experience a plus
- A track record of driving results & achieving goals
- Strong analytical skills with experience modeling program impacts, measuring results, & using data to make decisions
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives at one time, adapt to evolving priorities, & work in a fast-paced environment
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.