Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT Engineering team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the infrastructure that powers Rent the Runways office locations, warehouses, retail stores, & drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross-functionally services the Rent the Runway business & partners with multiple departments across the entire enterprise. The IT Engineering team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving efficiencies throughout IT processes.
About the Job:
The position of Network Architect will be the leader of Rent the Runways networking team & be accountable for the design, implementation, support, & strategic architecture vision for connectivity within the Rent the Runway WAN. Viewed as the subject matter expert for everything routing & switching & are passionate about the tech that they build & deploy.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the strategy & tactical execution of scaling, managing, optimizing RTRs network design & architecture currently & the future.
- Hands-on configuration, availability, performance & security management of firewalls, VPNs, switches, Wi-Fi & all intra & inter site communication.
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation & processes
- Analyze business requirements & translate them into actionable technical requirements.
- Serve as technical, engineering subject matter expert for a complex global network.
- Accountable for securing of RTRs network well as collaboration with the security team & vendors on security tooling & incident response.
- Recommend & perform upgrades on network systems to ensure uptime
- Contribute to planning, testing & responding to Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery events
- Ensure the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds & that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot & repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc.
- Identify/diagnose network configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Provide timely issue resolutions by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing of all requests/problems reported
- Collaborate with Operations staff & others as required to resolve infrastructure operations
- Bachelor's degree in a IT, CIS or related field.
- 3+ years as Lead Network Architect & hands-on Engineer
- 8+ years of related experience in mission critical network engineering with proven skills in design, development, & successful implementation of enterprise WANs (global)
- Experience with configuration & deployment of Juniper switches, routers, & firewalls (Palo Alto preferred)
- Extensive knowledge with configuring & managing exterior & interior routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, etc)
- Experience with configuration & operation of network & system monitoring software.
- Highly Proficient with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SIP, Wireless, RFC, & ISO standards, etc.
- Strong attention to details with demonstrated trouble-shooting, documentation & analytical skills.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.