Language diverse monorepo seeks experienced wrangler to help its engineers thrive.
We're growing our team rapidly & want to invest in the infrastructure our engineers need to be productive. That's where you come in. There's a lot to do with immediate impact & your customers are the engineers sitting right by you.
Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building & selling great advertising software that were proud of is the absolute heart of our mission. We were recently recognized on thes 5000 list as #46 in the fastest growing companies & #5 in the top software companies. In 2018, we were also named by Business Insider as the fastest growing company in AdTech"
As a Senior Software Engineer working on Developer Tooling you will:
- Manage & improve the developer platform (Vagrant, Ansible, Docker, etc.) working closely with the SREs & other engineers
- Own & improve the CI/CD systems (Jenkins/Buildkite)
- Create & implement tooling to enhance engineer productivity - eg. code review, dev & beta environments, testing frameworks
- Provide guidance to & support engineers in writing tests & organizing artifacts
- Own the testing frameworks & approaches that all the teams will use
- Trace & debug complex build, environment, & release issues
Ideal candidates will have:
- Expert Python skills, knowledge of C++ & familiarity with other modern languages
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with a variety of build, provisioning & deployment systems
- Strong understanding of test methods (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance, etc.)
- A passing knowledge of the top honey producing flowers in the NY area
- An ability to think about & tackle problems analytically
Successful engineers at Beeswax have:
- An ethic of service & a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology & a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback & more than just the spelling skills to know that theres no I in team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, & operational simplicity