Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
At Appian, were seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; Empowered by the the best idea wins, we thrive on collaboration & debate, encouraging all employees to challenge & elevate one another. We strive for diversity & inclusion through continued education & a commitment to equity.
UX Designers at Appian craft new features that allow our users to do their work more easily & efficiently. UXDs translate product requirements into wireframes & prototypes that define UI layouts, interactions, & flows. As members of Agile development teams, Designers work closely with Product Managers & Software Engineers to rapidly build functional increments, test their effectiveness, & incorporate improvements.
Effective Appian UX Designers are:
- Practical. They know how to follow a structured process of research, design, & testing, but also know how to prioritize the most effective activities to support fast-changing business requirements.
- Intuitive. They know when to trust evidence, but also when to trust their gut. They have a great sense for usability & can internalize an ever-evolving framework of rules for making good design decisions.
- Flexible. They do what it takes to support their teams mission & thrive on the reality that no two work days are the same.
About the Job:
As a User Experience Designer, you will:
- Perform user research to understand the unmet needs of our customers & stakeholders
- Create wireframes to facilitate rapid design iteration based on review & feedback
- Prototype new interfaces using Appians low-code UI design system
- Plan & execute usability testing for features & enhancements; analyze results & work with Product Managers to prioritize issues
- Review the user experience of applications built by customers on Appians platform & provide recommendations for improvement
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field.
- Superior academic achievement with a GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- Enterprise software & Agile development experience preferred.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.