KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Components Production Supervisor
Reporting to the Production Manager, Production Supervisor of Katerra Manufacturing will be responsible for all aspects of component manufacturing. The primary role is to ensure the companys products & processes align with Corporate business goals & objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the production activities & achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, safety, cost control, & staff development.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or Company policies & procedures.
- Right-size capacity with an emphasis on maximizing efficiency & profitability, by analyzing forecasted demand, translating into capacity requirements, & putting processes & staffing in place to ensure our customers & business needs are achieved.
- Incorporates best systems, such as SAP, & other production activity control techniques to reduce excess inventory, overtime, labor, & other waste streams.
- Develop & improve production manufacturing processes for the purpose of improving overall quality, reducing lead-times & lowering overall costs of operations by using Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma & Total Quality Management applications where necessary.
- Responsible for direct labor management.
Team Development / Leadership:
- Oversee, direct, & organize the work.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement & high performance that values learning & a commitment to quality & customer service.
- Provide sound leadership, coaching, mentoring & direction for personnel development, morale improvement, & staff organization.
- Establish & monitor performance & development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, & administer salary adjustments, & monitor & evaluate results.
- Mentor & develop staff using a supportive & collaborative approach.
- Provide leadership & guidance in establishing work procedures & safety guidelines.
- Enforce all company safety rules & regulations & apply safe work practices in all job tasks.
- Report safety hazards & unsafe conditions to the safety manager/committee.
- Provide recommendations on how to eliminate or reduce discovered safety hazards.
- Establish & maintain a safe work environment through ensuring compliance of OSHA & other.
- Government safety rules & regulations, conducting internal safety meetings & develops safety awareness programs, along with periodic safety training.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience leading a team, managing performance & coaching.
- Experience with lumber standards, grades, & quality.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results on-time.
- Excellent judgment & creative problem-solving skills including negotiation & conflict resolution.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, & presentation skills & the ability to effectively interface with management, as well as hourly staff.
- Able to handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines.
- Flexible & able to change directions quickly.
This is a safety sensitive position.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.