Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Case Manager at Circle, you will be responsible for building & scaling an eDiscovery & Information Governance team from the ground up for an innovative company while working in a new industry, with new technology, & in a litigation environment with new & emerging laws & regulations. You will partner with the Senior Litigation Counsel & will be expected to work on all things relating to eDiscovery & information governance inside the company & with our outside counsel.
What you'll work on:
- Work with Senior Litigation Counsel to build & scale the eDiscovery & Information Governance team & systems.
- Conduct record searches & factual research.
- Partner with internal & outside legal teams during the investigation, case assessment, & active case matters.
- Partner with internal teams to drive process improvements & efficiency.
- Prepare & facilitate signature & delivery of legal documents.
- Act as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside vendors & outside counsel.
- Administer & manage litigation eDiscovery applications to identify, preserve, extract, process, & produce large amounts of electronic data.
- Assist with the development of multi-disciplinary structures, policies, & procedures to manage information at an enterprise level.
- Create & maintain internal case databases.
- Maintain appropriate chain of custody & other documentation throughout the lifecycle of matters in accordance with accepted protocols.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years litigation experience in a corporate, law firm, government, or eDiscovery vendor environment
- Experience with eDiscovery review platforms
- Experience managing confidential information
- Organizational & critical thinking experience
- Paralegal certificate or project manager certification/experience
- Team oriented, articulate, proactive & calm under pressure
- Working knowledge of the Information Governance Reference Model (IGRM) & eDiscovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Experience managing confidential information with professionalism & integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.