Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Guardant's project LUNAR is applying cutting-edge methods in next-generation sequencing (NGS) to develop blood-based, non-invasive approaches to detect early-stage cancers. As a member of the LUNAR team, you'll be responsible for optimizing & improving Guardant's early cancer detection assay by designing critical experiments & analyzing the resulting data. This will require summarizing & presenting these data to a diverse audience of functional teams, making recommendations leading to assay improvements. You'll be working closely with multiple functional teams - including laboratory scientists, software engineers, testing & quality engineers, & medical affairs personnel - providing excellent opportunities to interact with & learn from a large number of specialists.
Project LUNAR seeks to leverage Guardant's leadership in the field of liquid biopsy to address a core unmet need in clinical cancer care. Its success is being driven by a team of highly motivated experts such as yourself, passionate about the potential to revolutionize the field of cancer diagnosis & management thus saving patient lives.
* PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics (cancer genomics a plus) or related fields + 3 years relevant experience, or M.S. + 5 years relevant experience
* Expertise in next-generation sequencing data generation & processing - from raw reads to biological insight
* Experience in experimental data analysis, including statistical methods & data visualization
* Knowledge of genomics (cancer a plus) & relevant computational tools
* Proficiency in a general-purpose coding language such as Python, as well as some experience with distributed, high-performance computing Linux environments; experience with AWS is desirable
* Excellent communication & presentation skills, ability to work across functional teams & with non-experts
* Ability to make a difference in a fast-paced startup environment
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.