People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce & create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuits Small Business & Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs & improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp & QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for a creative & insightful Director of Global Paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to lead our paid search strategy & investments globally. We are looking for someone who can help build & inspire an ever evolving search strategy. With data as a key focus, the ideal candidate will lead innovative tests & scale initiatives to bring our customers closer to our Mailchimps portfolio of offerings. You & your team will be responsible for collaborating across planning, forecasting, measurement & optimization for paid search to drive efficient customer growth.
What youll do here:
- Inspire & lead an internal team & agency partners spanning all aspects of paid search marketing
- Manage & ideate ways to allocate search investment, ensuring a well optimized media budget across geographies, & understanding how search can support cross funnel-stage strategies to to meet performance & branding goals across the world.
- Utilize data-driven methodology, analysis & measurement to improve effectiveness & efficiency across search engines, keywords & geographies.
- Maintain constant optimization through performance analysis, trends analysis, & identifying areas of growth though A/B testing, campaign structure, audience segmentation, bidding optimization, landing page optimization, etc.
- Partner with your SEO colleagues to build a holistic cross-device paid & organic search strategy.
- Work collaboratively with other internal paid media, web marketing team members & external agency partners & SEM & commerce partners such as Google, Microsoft, Apple, Shopify, etc. to drive planning & performance reporting against our business objectives
- Develop a team with a strong analytical approach to acquisition funnel metrics, measurement & campaign performance.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of either agency or in-house search marketing experience with a focus on paid performance & new customer acquisition
- You have 5+ years experience running a global SEM program
- You have experience working collaboratively in a cross-channel paid media team
- You have strong leadership & communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs & communicate plans
- You have a willingness to be deep in the details while also being able to create & communicate higher level strategy
- You are experienced in managing SEM budgets for subscription based offerings
- You have experience with Google Ads, Apple Search Ads, & SA 360, as well as various web & data analytics platforms
How youll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable & measurable leadership actions & skills that contribute to our effectiveness & success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs & how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other & execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel & make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, & contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes & failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself & others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company & work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity & earn the confidence & trust of others through honesty & authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization & leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture & drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, & deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities & face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm & service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We dont just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, & hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. Were dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what were looking for (even if you dont check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start & grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, & inspiring content. Millions of businesses & individualsfrom community organizations to Fortune 100 companiestrust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 & based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, & Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks & benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers & give you ample opportunity to grow & succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression & gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants & employees based on any of these protected categories, & complies with all applicable state & federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.