Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering group. We believe testing is a first-class concern, & aim to provide systems & tools that engineers can use to build confidence in their work throughout the development lifecycle. You will be a part of a new testing landscape at Squarespace. You will report to the Team Lead in our New York City office.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Quickly identify defects & automate repeatable regression tests as needed utilizing modern test tools
- Focus in the creation of microservice & contract API end-to-end test tooling to improve both the speed & execution of tests & ensuring consumer & provider dependencies are met prior to release
- Experience with a test case management tool to clearly define both testing strategy & approach to the Product Empowered teams
- Experience with performance, stress & load testing tools to determine where they fit best within a CI/CD pipeline
- Ensure the test environments are providing an accurate representation of production by working with Product & Engineering teams ensuring confidence & stability
- Provide mentorship to other QA staff to help grow their career development & advocate best automation test practices
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years experience building developer productivity tools focused on testing & test automation
- Deep familiarity with the testing domain, & a grasp of testing fundamentals
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment, & creating processes to support such a workflow with a passion for mentoring engineers, & a desire to help level up those around you
- Experience with test tools such as Cypress, Webdriver.io, Cucumber, Espresso, XCUITest, Appium, X-Ray, Locust, Gatling & JMeter
- BS in CS or equivalent degree
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.