At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Safety & Loss Prevention Supervisor to our team! As Safety & Loss Prevention Supervisor, you will join forces with the Director of Safety to head up workplace safety initiatives for one of our distribution center operations! You will be on the front lines of production & immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFreshs vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, & champion a culture of safety!
- Ensure OSHA compliance within a HelloFresh/Green Chef Facility including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs); New Hire safety training & ongoing safety training; Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding & Chemical Safety; all necessary record-keeping & reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Assist management team during accident or injury investigations & root cause analysis
- Act as the management teams subject matter expert for safety & security questions
- Assist with any OSHA inspections, visits or investigations including record-keeping & OSHA investigations
- Chair our Safety Committee & lead our committee in improving building conditions & work practices
- Collect & analyze data to identify safety or injury trends & develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors & visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan & liaison with local first responders when needed
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine & non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation & coaching operators
- Develop training materials including toolbox talks, standard operating procedures (SOPs) & others
- Manage the relationship with site security & ensures security services are being provided for each DC
- Assist with inventory shrinkage & other deliberate damage/product theft investigations as needed
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production & logistics as needed
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes & results
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport & communicate at all levels; youre confident sharing ideas & are a trusted advisor for work place safety
- Results-driven: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it & completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact & deliver presentations that inspire & influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years of experience in occupational safety experience with knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS
- Bachelors degree in Safety, Occupational Health, or Environmental Health & Safety preferred; will consider high school diploma with 4+ years EHS experience
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks & lockout/tagout
- Superior communication & presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.