Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our Systems Engineering (DevOps) team who has experience building & scaling services in a cloud environment. Youll be working with an existing team of six divided into SRE & Platform engineers while reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager.
You will be expected to further advance the existing inroads Aetion has made over the past year to improve its infrastructure while moving to DevOps as well as its current focus to practice DevSecOps.
You will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas including but not limited to advancing & pushing existing efforts in the areas of security, configuration management, infrastructure automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment as well as mentoring junior engineers on the team & across other engineering teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience either in Systems Engineering/architecture practicing DevOps or development distributed systems with strong knowledge of cloud architecture
- A College Degree is not required, but experience, a respectable attitude & a desire to learn & share knowledge with others are a must
- Communication skills to function at the intersection with other teams, esp. commercial (e.g., regarding actual customer requirements ) & science & analytics (e.g., regarding description of scientific/analytical basis of requirements of software)
- Approaches infrastructure architecture from a design driven standpoint with security, reliability & scalability as its core
- Ability to develop in either Python or Bash. Experience in a commercial development language is required, ideally working on distributed systems
- First-hand experience with configuration management & orchestration tools such as Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, AWS ECS, Terraform
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog or New Relic
- Experience with security tools such as AWS Inspector & CloudSploit
- Experience with implementation of security protocols, & architectures such as HiTrust
- Developing automation frameworks for other development teams
- Worked with SQL & NoSQL Databases & big data platforms
- Demonstrable background in building & scaling AWS infrastructure; specifically with AWS ECS, S3, Route53, & RDS
- Detailed understanding of the configuration, implementation, & maintenance of Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment tooling such as Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline Suite & etc
- In-depth experience solving complex issues on Linux systems, and/or within the JVM
- Experience with source control systems such as git or svn
About Aetions Systems Engineering Team:
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.