Ripple is the worlds only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders, however, the underlying infrastructure is outdated & flawed. Ripple solves this problem. Our mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We connect banks, payment providers, corporations, & digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap.
Ripples distributed financial technology outperforms todays banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds & delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing & delivery. Ripples Database Engineering team manages distributed database platform infrastructure that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. The team partners with stakeholders across the company for cutting edge product development, business strategy, complex inter dependencies, high availability, security, performance, scalability, cost optimization requirements & customer servicing.
We are looking for results-oriented passionate engineers who will be responsible for designing, managing & scaling enterprise level database infrastructure in the cloud to power high-impact initiatives across the broader organization.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Build enterprise, distributed database infrastructure in cloud that supports cross border payments to enable the Internet of Value
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems & implement them for production deployments
- Design, develop, & maintain secure & performant & scalable databases for internal & external customers
- Work in close collaboration with members of your team & with teams across the organization in an agile environment & contribute towards product development & operational health
- Participate in the leadership of DevOps-first principles within the organization
- Research promising new tools & technologies, push the team to experiment & evolve
- Participate in a robust & fair on-call framework
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 0-2 years of hands-on development experience with experience in the following areas: SQL, Python, Java, relational or non-relational databases
- A solid understanding of database implementation: data structures, design & data modeling, normalization techniques, ACID properties, indexing, partitioning, sharding, replication, basic security implementation, etc.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS & GCP
- Eagerness to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team
- A positive attitude & a passion for sharing knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, dental, & vision with 100% employer contributions for employees & dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!