Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to join the Analytics Engineering Team & help us build & support the Mailchimp data informed initiative. This team will be focused on Product integrations, ensuring that the Marketing, Product, & Support departments are able to track user activity & journeys across all Mailchimp properties. You will work closely with a range of product development teams & will support changes to our properties, including redesigns & experiments.
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours & some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. Were willing to help you with relocation if youre not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably an interest or capability in full-stack development
- You have experience being part of technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision & cross-functional team discussions
- Youre experienced in hearing partner team needs & applying those to implementing application architectures & code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, & performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on collaborating with those around you
- Experience with user behavior tracking
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, and/or Google Analytics
What you'll do here:
- Set technical direction for & own the design & implementation of the overall system architecture & infrastructure
- Develop new & enhance existing features as well as investigate & resolve defects
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support & QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the teams documentation libraries, & providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.