At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be the owner of TpTs social media channels that reach millions of educators each month. Were looking for a social media manager who wants to help TpT grow its brand by producing inspirational content for its community of educators across the globe. Part strategist, part project manager, & part creator, youll work closely with our Brand & Content Team & Design Team to develop & execute an engaging & measurable social media strategy that supports brand & company objectives. Were seeking an entrepreneurially-minded content creator that wants to build & foster a community with the content they produce & share.
- Manage day-to-day operations of TpTs Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, & Twitter channels including posting content daily & responding to select comments.
- Spark genuine, real-time interactions with current & prospective fans/followers. This means creating timely & relevant content that gets people talking, & staying on top of the trends & topics that matter to the TpT community.
- Contribute to company-wide marketing campaigns as the social media channel owner, while keeping overall content & social strategy in mind.
- Continually test posting & content strategy to determine the optimal approach to reaching & engaging various segments of our target audiences
- Maintain social media calendar & participate in monthly editorial review meetings.
- Analyze performance data to generate insights that refine & improve TpTs approach to social media.
- Experience writing social creative briefs, ensuring that all teams have the necessary information in order to achieve campaign objectives & KPIs
- Monitor & report on channel performance at monthly channel review meetings.
- Research & surface new strategies that strengthen the performance of existing social media channels
- Select high-quality user-generated content to share, & manage any necessary permissions.
- Experience with rapid-response
- Post on weekends & cover live events (infrequently but as needed)
- BA/BS degree
- You bring 3-5 years of experience managing social media for a consumer-facing business
- Youre passionate about social media & bring a deep understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, & Twitter.
- You use your strong writing skills & good eye for design to consistently create on-brand, engaging assets.
- Youre impact oriented & a strategic thinker who establishes clear expectations & continuously measures performance.
- You possess strong organizational & interpersonal communication skills, even under pressure.
- Youre able to work independently, multitask, & prioritize effectively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Youre proficient in marketing data & analytics. Youre constantly seeking ways to better understand the impact of your work..
- Excellent end to end project management/execution & relationship skills
- You show impeccable attention to detail (copy-editing experience a plus!) & excellent judgment.
- An upbeat, can-do attitude
- Strong understanding of the education industry & teachers
- Experience managing micro influencer campaigns & working directly with influencers & brand stakeholders
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.