KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Sr. Electrical Engineer Building Products
This Sr. Electrical Engineer will develop complete sets of documents, drawings, calculations, & variations for the electrical scope of Katerra building products. These products shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills, experience performing alternative analyses, experience working with cross-functional teams or in integrated project delivery approaches, & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be a member of Katerras Building Product Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Development of Single Line Diagrams, Short Circuit Analyses, Arc Fault/flash assessments, Time Current Coordination, Neher-McGrath calculations, & Voltage Drop adjustments.
- Development of power & lighting plans & elevations for internal & external spaces.
- Development of device specifications & Basis of Design documentation.
- Oversee, review, or participate in detailing, BIM modeling, & high LOD electrical design.
- Partial/support development & review of Fire Alarm, Integrated Systems, & Telecom system designs.
- Perform EOR duties for prototype or first-build deployments of new Katerra Building platforms. Including owning of permit set packages & review of installation sets/models.
- Perform rigorous value engineering of electrical system designs factoring in costs, constructability, & manufacturability (i.e. prefabrication) & working with the product leads & other resources
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, architecture, etc. to develop high quality building products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or Power Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in at least one U.S. state with the potential for reciprocity in all U.S. states.
- 5+ years as Engineer of Record or Lead Engineer for completed building projects
- 4+ year of experience reviewing submittal packages that included at least the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, panelboards, switchboards/gear, disconnect switches, automatic transfer switches, & lighting packages.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer or lead designer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used buildings.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer or lead designer on mission-critical facilities (i.e. data centers), industrial plants, or health-care facilities.
- 1+ years of experience reviewing or contributing to the design of low voltage systems (including Fire Protection, Telecom, Network, & Integrated Systems)
- 1+ years performing value engineering for electrical construction projects.
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: ETAP or SKM, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Revit, Bluebeam, & Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of the most current electrical building codes (i.e. NEC) & practices.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years if experience in a lead engineering role for OSHPD, CEC-Title24, LEED
- 1+ years of experience performing cost/time estimating or project management for electrical construction projects.
- 1+ years of experience as the main point of contact for the electrical discipline in integrated project delivery (IPD) projects.
- Experience in software or technology product development or engineering
- Experience working at a company that performs prefabrication for electrical assemblies.
- Experience in Medium/High Voltage utility connections, substations, relays, & generator systems.
- Experience with CLT & concrete buildings.
- Knowledge of specific standards in UL, IEEE, & other standard collections.
Seattle, WA primarily
May consider strong candidates in San Francisco, CA, Scottsdale, AZ or Atlanta, GA.
Fluctuates (10% expected). Domestic travel.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.