Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow & scale business in the cloud.
This individual will report to the Vice President of Customer Success & Support & help lead the CSM towards improvements in the transformation of the department helping the company grow faster & grow smarter in all regions of the world.
We are currently seeking a customer-centric professional with a motivational management style & analytical skills who is passionate about customer success. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success & Support you will be responsible for leading the Global Customer Success Management team, serving as an advocate & a liaison between our customers & our internal DigitalOcean teams. The team's primary responsibility is to manage, retain, & grow our existing customer base.
What Youll Be Doing
- Work closely with the VP of CSS to ensure the consistent & successful execution of the Customer Success strategy
- Improving Customer Success Managers (CSM) individual performance around engagement, retention & other success factors
- Recruit, develop & manage CSMs
- Transform Customer Success into a high-performing team, with every member meeting and/or exceeding expectations
- Manage & further optimize the customer experience during & post-onboarding for our different customer segments
- Manage the regional CSM managers/leads & the overall team
- Create/improve processes & ensure the necessary tools are in place to maximize the teams impact & productivity
- Serve as an escalation point for customer issues to ensure they are resolved quickly
- Ensure customer feedback is communicated internally to enable ongoing improvement of DigitalOcean products & services
- Use quantitative & qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in the areas of customer engagement
- Accountable for churn, adoption of the platform & growth in the global customer base
- Collaborate globally across departments to achieve targets & improve customer experience
- You will lead/mentor/ one or two additional CSS teams over time
- Additional responsibilities as per business needs
What We'll Expect From You:
- Proven professional experience building & leading a Customer Success team at the Senior Manager or Director level
- A track record of career progression in a Customer Success vertical for a SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS organization
- Hard working professional with impeccable work ethic
- Ability to motivate & focus a team while developing individuals
- Experienced in creating SOPs & Continuous Improvement Strategies
- Proven track record driving renewal strategies & NPS process; ability to create/manage programs that increase these elements
- Experience in creating a performance & metrics focused culture
- Enthusiastic & creative leader with the ability to inspire people
- Leadership by example
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto & Bangalore, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!