Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
It is critical for Twilio to protect the integrity of our communications platform against fraud, & the Fraud Operations team is on the front line of this ongoing effort. Fraud Operations works closely with our fraud engineering team to protect Twilio & Twilios customers by thwarting would-be fraudsters. To continue this effort, we are now in search of a strong people manager for our Fraud Operations team.
The right candidate will be focused on serving customers, excel at managing a team, & have extensive experience fighting fraud in all its various forms. You should be passionate about making a career out of fraud prevention. More specifically, we seek someone who has:
- A minimum of two years of experience leading a team as a manager or team lead
- Advanced knowledge & ability with querying languages (eg. SQL) & business intelligence tools
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- The ability to make quick decisions with limited data
- A bachelor's degree
As a domain expert, you should know the top fraud vectors & how fraud behavior will change as we make changes in our fraud prevention tools & our products. We dont expect you to be a data scientist; however, you should have sufficient data chops to analyze data using SQL & business intelligence tools. You will need to make data-driven decisions & closely collaborate with our data scientists to improve our fraud prevention tools.
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are nice-to-haves:
- Strong computer science and/or data management background
- Telecom experience
- A minimum of four years experience working in fraud prevention (also known as risk management or trust & safety) for a technology company
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree
- Basic understanding of & comfort with software development, including programming experience
- Fluent in additional languages
As a manager in our Fraud Operations team, you will lead a team responsible for preventing fraud, supporting customers with fraud-related issues, managing risk, & overseeing certain payment-related operations (e.g., chargebacks). More specifically, you will:
- Use Twilios tools & your own investigative powers to detect & prevent fraudulent activity, all while ensuring that we do not have false positives that negatively affect our legitimate customers
- Streamline our operations by applying lean principles
- Collaborate with product managers & software engineers to design the tools necessary to further automate & streamline our processes
- Influence stakeholders across the company to develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward. Fraudsters are ever changing their patterns so we need to evolve rapidly
- Enable an already high-performing team by providing excellent coaching & actionable feedback
- Execute on near-term goals while also moving towards a long-term vision. Your team should be constantly delivering projects that will make our fraud defenses stronger & our team more effective.
Twilios mission is to fuel the future of communications, & the mission of the Fraud Operations team is to protect the integrity of Twilios communications platform against fraudulent activity. Your leadership will be critical to the success of this mission. Our customers & partners need to be able to trust that Twilios platform is protected against fraud 24 x 7 x 365.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.