ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform
- PokerStarsUS The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Director of Solutions Architecture is a key role within the FanDuel Group IT team, driving solutions & solving complex problems. As the person closest to the hosting platform, the right candidate will understand all aspects of infrastructure, networking & datacenters that support running all Fanduel product verticals including Sportsbook/Casino/Racing/Fantasy. You will define an architecture that scales alongside our business growth & drive forward the solutions that underpin this architecture. Solving complex problems with simple solutions & dealing with scale in a highly distributed & highly transaction environment is a normal & everyday challenge in Fanduel.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Data-driven & strategic thinker with a deep understanding of the Sportsbook industry
- Hands on & highly experienced with designing & architecture highly scalable distributed hosting platforms.
- Collaborate with internal & 3rd party hardware, software & cloud providers on evolving the hosting environments.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, provide strategic & tactical guidance on architectural matters relating to key business projects.
- Guide & coach the operations team to ensure continuous improvement in all operation areas.
- Establish an effective architectural process that defines high level domains within the infrastructure, maps products & services & creates a collaborative environment across highly distributed team.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in IT, infrastructure, & cloud leadership & have strong understanding of the wide technical landscape to meet the needs of a large technology focused organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively & build strong active relationships with senior business leadership
- Has a customer-first mentality
- Capable of working in the demanding environment of mission-critical business systems
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycles & in particular quality assurance, DevOps, & continuous delivery
- Proven experience of delivering continual improvements & influencing a wide stakeholder base
- Ability to position operational readiness & site reliability at the heart of all application design, build, & monitoring considerations & to champion service availability/uptime within the delivery/purchase & operation of all such services
- Experience in setting & contributing to technology strategy
- Additional responsibilities as assigned or requested.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Must pass various States background security check.
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field & 8+ years experience; or, MS in CS/CE/EE or related field & 9+ years experience; or, 10+ years of applicable technical experience.
- 3-5 years in ecommerce roles with significant online / mobile volume
- Experience & demonstrated capability to make data driven decisions to continually optimize performance within established constraints.
- Data-driven & strategic thinker with a deep understanding of the ecommerce industry
- Experience in developing & managing best in class infrastructure solutions
- Must be able to work independently & as part of a fast-growing team
- Effective Communicator Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision & values to inspire, energise & motivate others throughout Fanduel; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication & the sharing of diverse perspectives
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a gaming license & satisfy all regulatory requirements.
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field & 5+ years experience; or, MS in CS/CE/EE or related field & 5+ years experience; or, 8+ years of applicable technical experience.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.