At Feather, our mission is to transform humanity's relationship with material goods to create a healthier & happier planet. We are a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers & helping people live lighter.
Feather is seeking a Senior Accountant reporting directly to the Controller. We are looking for a hands-on accountant who is excited by the opportunity to help build & monitor the accounting framework that will serve every financial reporting need for Feather as we scale.
What youll do:
- Work directly with the controller to process the day to day transactions of the business & be Feathers go to resource as it pertains to Payables, Receivables & Fixed Assets/Inventory.
- Identify process improvements, document SOPs & with the assistance of the Controller implement new procedures when necessary to ensure Feather can execute upon a 5-day monthly close process.
- Manage all audit PBC request lists internally & with 3rd party external auditors to facilitate an effective & timely audit process.
- Perform Account reconciliation clean up procedures & maintain the reconciliations monthly going forward as part of Feathers monthly close for all of Feathers material balance sheet accounts.
- Identify future FTE needs for the accounting team & be the manager responsible for the posting, screening, hiring, & eventual day to day management of all accounting new hires.
What you need to be successful:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or comparable discipline
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient use of pivot tables, vlookups & various other functions.
- An interest in solving complex problems with an ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a larger team & a willingness to own every challenge no matter the size of the task.
- Ability to communicate fearlessly & effectively with both internal & external stakeholders.
Who you are: