The BuzzFeed Accounting team is looking for a detail-oriented & organized individual to drive our invoicing & collections process.As an Accounts Receivable Associate you are responsible for issuing invoices, applying payments, & liaising with Sales & Client Services to ensure prompt payment while maintaining good customer relations & achieving company standards for results.This full-time position is based in our Union Square HQ in NYC, & will report to theDirector of Accounting.
- Manage client collections & billing correspondence
- Prepare, verify, & send customer invoices & statements
- Maintain customer contact & billing information in multiple databases (Salesforce, Operative, NetSuite)
- Prepare check payments for bank
- Complete New Vendor Forms
- Respond to invoice requests/ research & resolve invoice discrepancies
- Act as internal point of contact for all things AR
- Support other accounting projects, as necessary
- A degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills, including written & verbal communication
- Personable & energetic, proactive & eager to learn
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.