New York, Full-Time
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The BARK tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create the technology that keeps the business running & (more importantly) makes dogs happy. On the Product Team we make sure those solutions are the very best choice for our business partners, company goals, & customers. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work-- but not ourselves -- too seriously.
WHO WERE SNIFFING FOR
BARK is seeking a Vice President of Product to join our tech team. Were looking for a thoughtful & ambitious leader to evolve our product process, safeguard our customer experience & drive BARKs business goals.
The VP of Product reports directly to the CTO, & partners strategically with senior cross-functional leaders across the company - from operations to physical product development. They will lead the customer experience team, the front-end product team, & the platform product team to create compelling digital products that support the larger BARK strategy.
- Lead our product & user experience teams across the platform, internal tooling & front-end groups.
- Guide the product vision & long-term strategy for the current BARK customer experience on web & native app, as well as the back-end infrastructure & administrative tools.
- Partner with C Suite leaders, representing the product team on strategic company decisions.
- Maintain & drive a strong product culture, roadmapping, & prioritization process
- Push & develop the team's understanding of product development, our competition, & the space
- Ensure that product & engineering goals complement business objectives, & clearly communicate impact to leadership & the larger organization
- 10+ years experience in product management, ideally covering a range of front-end customer experiences, technical products, & internal tooling / content management systems.
- Experience running a digital product strategy that tangibly improves both the user experience & business.
- Track record of growing your peers & team members into stronger product managers & user experience leads.
- 4+ years in a leadership role: assessing, budgeting for, implementing, & maintaining a team
- Working collaboratively across a large organization
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience building both web & native mobile products, preferably on an eCommerce or DTC product.
- Fluency in (but not blind adherence to) modern product process. Experience applying different process techniques to different teams based on needs & culture.
- Ability to compellingly communicate product strategy to your team & cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify & set meaningful KPIs that are connected to topline business goals.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, & a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, fabulous team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up-to-date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- The base salary range for this position is $220,000- $265,000
- This position is eligible for equity
- This role is eligible to participate in the Management Incentive Plan
- To learn more about the perks & benefits offered with this position, please check out our Benefits page here
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills, & expertise.