At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Operations Lead to manage operations associates on Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Chicago. You will report directly to an Operations Manager, & work together to assure reliability & availability of our bike fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the program.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, we'd love to meet you!
- Manage operations of our central maintenance facility
- Manage our third party operators working in the facility or field
- Create playbooks to govern day-to-day operations
- Liaise with HQ engineering teams to improve build-quality & ease of maintenance for the fleet
- Define & maintain operational & quality metrics to evaluate performance of third party operators
- Deep-dive into the data to find root cause issues & propose possible solutions with the teams
- 2+ years of work experience managing teams in a complex, fast-moving service-oriented environment such as a restaurant or delivery operation
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed including working nights, weekends, holidays & shift-based schedules
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience scaling an organization & managing people
- Obsessed with process improvement
- Role is based in Chicago but travel possible to support launch of other markets
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.