Nextdoor is where neighbors turn to plug into the neighborhoods that matter most to them.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
The Communications Team at Nextdoor is tasked with building & executing a world-class communications strategy to elevate the power of Nextdoor, while supporting the companys rapid growth & adoption. Our teams mission is to help neighbors around the world understand how Nextdoor can help each other in their daily lives, stay in the know, & build deeper real-world connections.
The Impact Youll Make
Nextdoor is looking for a Head of Social Media, based in New York City or San Francisco, to lead Nextdoors growing social media presence & position Nextdoor as the place where neighbors around the world go to plug into neighborhoods that matter most to them. Youll take Nextdoors existing channels & use a data-driven approach to increase impressions, followers & engagement through social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn. While scaling social & making Nextdoor top of mind to existing & new neighbors around the world, attention to detail, excellent organization skills, ability to manage multiple projects & responsibilities in a fast-paced environment will be a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead Nextdoors growing social media function, with the goal of scaling brand & company awareness through various social channels
- Develop & oversee day-to-day management of outbound campaigns that are innovative, compelling, & inspiring across a wide variety of audiences
- Create actionable plans to increase impressions, followers & engagement through social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn by leveraging quantitative & qualitative insights, & keeping up to date with how each platform evolves
- Ability to collect, analyze, & use social data to inform decision making
- Experience running influencer campaigns & how & how they can be used to extend social campaigns
- Partner closely with our Head of Social Care to ensure consistent interactions that are reflective of our brand.
- Oversee Nextdoors Search Engine Optimization & internet ranking for web content as it relates to brand reputation
- Build a scalable social media playbook for burgeoning markets & provide strategic guidance for global teams
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, ability to manage multiple projects & responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
What Youll Bring to The House
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in social media
- Experience working with consumer internet companies
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- A global mindset, yet a clear passion for local communities & neighborhoods
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Ability to see the bigger picture, roll with ambiguity, & find creative solutions
- Experience with Salesforce Social Studio & Meltwater is preferred
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.