As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment platform - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Cross-border remittances & new business models (e.g., gig economy) require the ability to deploy rapid, frequent payouts. We are building a Technology Platform that will enable fast & ubiquitous push payments across a range of domestic & cross border use cases aiming to capture significant revenue opportunity across P2P, B2SB, & B2C flows & value-added services. Built on the latest standards/tech stack & providing open APIs, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We valuecreative & driven individualswho love toowntheir products, & design & implement solutions that create aseamless experiencefor consumers & clients. Our developers work across the stack, & are experts in service oriented architectures & technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka & Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this platform, we are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who can participate in the detailed design & development activities for this product build.
The role involves extensive hands-on activitiesincluding technical evaluation, architecture, design, documentation, development & test of the new platform & functionality.
Here are key job responsibilities -
- Define architecture; create solution documents; & do low level design, code, unit test for implementing the platform.
- Collaborate with business units & technical staff to define requirements & modifications.
- Evaluate technical options & provide recommendation on scope & scale of effort required to develop the end-to-end solution.
- Take ownership & lead the engineering responsibility for multiple components of the platform.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project & work with engineers to ensure they are delivering efficiently & to top quality standards.
- Lead & support both product & technical discussions about how to apply existing & new technology in support of the business.
- Provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers.
- Support & deliver resulting initiatives from business plan & technology strategy demonstrating re-use, architectural principles & use of innovative products.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence within the team; drive adoption of practices like continuous integration, automated code reviews, automated measurements of code quality, etc.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes & systems.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field & 12+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 10+ years of Software Development Experience.
- You have proven experience leading teams that have delivered high quality large scale enterprise
- You are a Java expert & you have experience with REST APIs, JSON & exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar,
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time & remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand & own component security analysis, including code & data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement & verify secure coding techniques.
- We count on your curiosity & creativity, to want to understand customer requirements & our processes & want to come up with creative solutions & improvements.
- While you'll have the skill to see & understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the
task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic tofocus on our goals.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements & independently, architect, design & build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people & help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging & Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Exposure to leading edge areas such as Machine Learning that lead to deeper customer insights.
- Passion for Big Data & analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop,
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.