Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
The Senior Enterprise Architect is a customer-facing enterprise domain expert applying broad technical skills, with deep industry knowledge & business acumen, supporting sales teams in developing Optimizely technical solutions that promote our customers' business strategy goals on digital transformation, optimization, & cloud adoption. The Enterprise Cloud Architect is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, technology, distributed platforms, mobile, & analytics. With a strong blend of technical & sales skills the Enterprise Cloud Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business & technical requirements.
- The Senior Enterprise Cloud Architect determines which Optimizely & third party technologies to leverage in customer driven architectures, based upon product knowledge, industry experience, industry standard EA frameworks (i.e. microservices, etc.)
- Clearly articulate business architecture (mission/vision, capability models, capability assessments) & technical architecture (current & future state diagrams, solution best practices, reference architectures, design patterns).
- With a broad IT background including solution architecture, technical architecture, software/systems engineering, cloud computing, governance & SDLC, the Enterprise Cloud Architect leads key discussions & considerations around change programs from both a business & technical perspective.
- Travel to customer engagements (around 30% of the month).
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs & technical requirements documents
- Actively engage with account executives & solution engineers to develop opportunities for customer-facing enterprise architecture engagements. Continuously promote & communicate the value of Senior Enterprise Cloud Architecture both within the solution engineering community, as well as within the broader sales & customer success organizations
- Help the sales teams develop industry specific, repeatable propositions & go to market strategies.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, & procedural training & certification to acquire & maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Understand the customer requirements, & business goals, & establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical & business requirements
- The Enterprise Cloud Architect also participates in the delivery of solution best practices, reference architectures, educational sessions & industry summits to existing customers, partners & to internal audiences.
- Present Optimizely technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security & integration capabilities
- Conduct architecture & technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Manage customer technical due diligence & risk management processes
- Work closely with other elements of the Optimizely organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, industry business unit, product marketing, etc. to develop & execute internal & external programs & initiatives
- Attain quarterly & annual objectives assigned by management
- Mentor & guide more junior technical resources
- Work with customers who are typically in digital optimization or digital transformation phases. Optimizely typically has alignment with key customer C-level executives as to partner on digital transformation engagements.
How you will make an impact:
- Become a trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/EA level contacts & their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- Earn the trust of prospects' & customers' CISO/CSO/Chief Risk Officer & similar.
- A true asset to Optimizely due to broad & deep knowledge of business & technical architecture across all relevant domains.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
- Good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multitenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
- Good understanding of all cloud offerings in the market & ability to discuss cloud architectures
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common ECA topics such as process orchestration, BPM, CEP, MDM, BI/BA, etc.
- Good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
- Familiar with principles of network, application & information security
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration technologies as well as common ECA topics such as persona based journeys, process orchestration, master data management, analytics & insights, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Familiar with Industry or vertical solutions a plus
- Articulate & balanced in demeanor with crisp written & verbal communication skills
- Previous practitioner and/or implementation experience of Optimizely solutions or relevant solutions
- Familiar with relevant (regional, vertical, etc.) data privacy & compliance requirements
- Familiar with solution selling
- Experience in sales/pre-sales strongly desired
- Experience of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
- Familiar with design thinking & similar principles
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.