Team Whistle comprising Whistle, Tiny Horse, New Form & Vertical Networks is a global media company thats changing the sports & entertainment game. We create & distribute engaging content experiences for todays audiences, always playing in the positive & resonating with whats relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted & interactive shows, podcasts, music & merchandise are available on the social, audio & streaming platforms that matter most. For brands, sports leagues & media companies, we help them activate & engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Team Whistle is looking for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the management of the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable for the various subsidiary companies of Team Whistle. The position will also contribute heavily in collection efforts & vendor payments, monthly closing process & work closely with Accounting Director to report financial information.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general ledger management while following companys accounting processes
- Responsible for all aspects of month end & year end close, including preparation of balance sheet work papers, bank reconciliations & financial statements
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting for each subsidiary
- Responsible for proper coding of invoices to ensure accuracy & timeliness of invoice creation & entry
- Responsible for the maintenance of AP aging on a weekly basis
- Audit & process corporate credit card expenses & provide support for staff expense reports
- Maintain AR cycle beginning with creation of customer invoices to the receipt of funds.
- Support AR related internal & external communications including collection correspondence
- Maintain excellent relationship with subsidiary production teams, partners, vendors & customers
- Provide support with Audit & tax processes.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related experience.
- Production accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Audit experience is preferable.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office is required (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Experience with Entertainment Partners, Cast & Crew, or similar production payroll vendors is preferable but not required.
- Experience with Oracle/NetSuite accounting software preferable.
- Strong written & oral communication skills. Position requires working closely with the cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi task & manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills dealing with financial & numeric data.