BuzzFeed is looking for a pop culture obsessive to write & edit stories for BuzzFeed.com after standard work hours, covering late night & primetime television, trending stories, & the surprise midnight music releases artists love to drop. Were looking for someone who eats, sleeps, & breathes all things pop culture: TV, movies, celebrity, fashion, music, etc. that can work well in a team.
This is a contracted, full-time paid position in our Los Angeles or New York office & is available to start immediately. This position requires working off-hours Sundays through Thursdays between the hours of 5pm - 1am EST (2pm - 10pm PST). This is a six-month temporary position to cover for a team member on parental leave.
- Monitor, watch, & write about primetime & late night shows as soon as they air
- Edit timely & evergreen stories created by the pop culture team & freelancers
- Generate ideas for content based on news of the day
- Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
- Attend brainstorms & contribute to team goals
- Work weekends or potentially late-night hours
- Write stories for BuzzFeed.com
- Ability to edit a variety of content, from lists & quizzes to medium-form & interviews
- Experience writing & editing pop culture content required
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
- High emotional intelligence
- Extremely organized & efficient
- The ability to take perspective of others
- A competitive drive you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- Experience managing people a plus
- Create an account at buzzfeed.com/signup, send us your BuzzFeed profile, & create two (or more) posts that show off your writing skills
- A short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.